Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hill-walking in the rain

Left at quarter to ten this morning with my rucksack laden to twenty pounds to see how all this new gear worked on a rainy morning (also my unfit body). Back at one o'clock having visited the TV mast at Pen Farm, a climb of around 800 feet (something professional cyclists seem to do in about 3 or 4 minutes!).

And everything worked! Even the GPS app which returns my grid reference position, not that I really needed it so close to home. However, I'll be walking in the Brecon Beacons at the end of this month so it's perhaps more interesting then.

To get my fitness up I need to do this some more times next week before I'm in shape for Pen-y-Fan.

The author in his new walking gear

A panda-shaped scare-crow?

On a good day you can see the Tor