Saturday, May 15, 2010

Interweave Consulting website cancelled

Doing my tax returns today I noticed that Yahoo! were charging me $35.85 (= £24.49) per quarter to host my website. That can't be good value for money so I decided to cancel. If you were using my website to get here you need to bookmark this site directly.

I think Google will still find this site (http://interweave-consulting.blogspot.com/) on its first search page for "nigel seel".

Update: True to Yahoo!'s invariable habit of getting things wrong, no sooner had they cancelled my website with blinding speed (yep, you can't go there any more) they also cancelled my "nigel.seel@interweave-consulting.com" email account.

Now why did they do that? I pay for it separately and it's not web hosting ... it's email, guys.

I can only assume they have mindlessly bundled the two products so you can't have one without the other. God they are irritating. I have sent a query off to the amusingly-called 'customer care' team and expect an answer, oh, I don't know when.

In the meantime I CAN be emailed on nigel_seel@yahoo.co.uk but if I don't get this fixed I'll be opening a googlemail account.